8 people who just arrived from Spain for wedding, killed in auto crash
8 people died yesterday in an accident involving a white Toyota Hiace bus and a blue Mack truck opposite Wichtech Roofing and Pipes on Lagos-Ibadan expressway. Babatunde Akinbiyi, Public Relations Officer, Ogun Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE), confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abeokuta. He stated that the accident was caused by speeding and wrongful overtaking on the part of the bus. He said that seven of the passengers in the bus with registration number BEN-313 YX died on the spot while the eighth person died at the hospital.
“10 persons were involved in the accident five male and five female. Five male and two female died on the spot while one female died at the hospital. The suspected cause of the crash was a speeding commercial bus from Lagos to Benin which lost control and rammed into the truck with registration number MUS-730 XN travelling ahead. We also learnt that the passengers in the bus just came in from Spain and had chattered the bus to take them to Benin City,” he said.
The TRACE spokesperson explained that the dead had been deposited at the mortuary of the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital (OOUTH), Sagamu, while the injured were also in the same hospital. Clement Oladele, the Ogun Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), also confirmed the incident. See photos below:
- 15 shocking photos Kim Kardashian wants the world to forget – She will do anything to take down her s*xtape
- 10 reasons why people are already worried about Meghan Markle’s future – The Queen doesn’t like her so well and we’ve got proof (With Pics)
- LADIES: If your boyfriend answers yes to these 10 questions, know he will marry you!
- 10 before and after photos that prove marriage has changed Mercy Johnson – #5 will make you love her more
- 12 photos that prove Alex is the best dressed and most stylish female housemate of BBNaija 2018