It has been confirmed that online marketplace, OLX has shut down its offices in Nigeria. According to Punch the employees were formally informed of the decision on Tuesday through a notice of termination, which will commence in March. Speaking to the Newspaper, the Public Relations and Communications Lead of OLX Nigeria, Uche Nwagboso said:
We made a difficult but important decision in Nigeria to consolidate our operations between some of our offices internationally. Our marketplace will continue to operate here – uninterrupted – as it has since 2010, and we remain committed to the many people here who use our platform to buy and sell every month.
We continue to be focused on constantly innovating to make sure that OLX remains the top classified platform in the country. Of course, we are committed to helping our affected colleagues during this transition and have already offered them meaningful financial and other support
As we’ve expressed to them directly, we are extremely grateful for their many significant contributions to OLX’s success.
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- A tragic story of a family that had three massive lions as pets – Don’t open if you’re too emotional (With Real Pictures)
- The 13 most feared criminals in the world right now – #3 is Nigerian and this will make you shiver (With Pictures)
- 12 celebrities you forgot had passed away – #3 died at his peak (With Photos)
- 11 Nigerian Child Stars of the 1990s’ and 2000s’ you won’t recognise today – #7 is a cheerful giver & #5 recently married (With Photos)
- 12 of the oldest spinsters in Nollywood reveal why they haven’t married, GENEVIEVE’s reason is quite funny
- 8 Nigerian celebrities who gave birth at a young age – #7 was 14yrs when she had her 1st child (Full pics of their kids)
- 12 Rich celebs who don’t help their poor siblings (With Pictures)