Ex-Super Eagle star, Wilson Oruma suffers mental disorder after being duped of N1.2billion by pastor [PHOTO]
Former Super Eagles midfielder, Wilson Oruma has suffered emotional disorder as a result of how he was reportedly duped by an unknown pastor. Oruma, who played alongside JJ Okocha and Kanu is now broke and in a status of mental disorder six years after he was reportedly defrauded by a clergyman and some fake oil businessmen.
His close friend, Emakpor Dibofun has been reported to have told Complete Sports that the former Super Eagles star is yet to recover from the fortune he lost to fraudsters.
Dibofun said: “Wilson Oruma hasn’t really recovered from the emotional disorder which he suffered after he was duped.
“He has been to several places in search of a lasting solution, but it gets worse after a bit of improvement,” he said.
Oruma featured for RC Lens, Nancy, Samsunspor, Nimes, Servette, Sochaux, Marseille and Guingamp, and Kavala FC of Greece before he retired at the age of 33 on November 26, 2010.
The midfield maestro also featured for Nigeria’s U-17, U-23 and the senior national team winning the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 1993, the Olympic gold in 1996 and two bronze medals at the African Cup of Nations in 2002 and 2006.
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 9 things you need to do in your 20s that will make you a millionaire before 30 – #4 and #8 is a must
- 12 celebrities you forgot had passed away – #3 died at his peak (With Photos)
- Photos of Nigerian celebrity bedrooms that will completely leave you speechless (With Photos)
- 10 Nigerian celebrity marriages that will never get a divorce – #2 met his wife “untouched” (With Pics)
- See the 3 new child actresses who have taken over Nollywood (Photos and Videos)
- 9 super successful Nigerian celebrities who got richer from their side businesses – You won’t believe #4 is the owner of a popular company (With Pics)
- Guys: 15 things she wants you to tell her while making love..