You are a sad irony of your father- Obiano blasts Ojukwu Jr.
Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, has described Ojukwu Jr. as ‘a sad irony’ of his father, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu. He said this while debunking a claim that he pestered Emeka Ojukwu to return to the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA. Son of the Biafran warlord had on November 15, dumped APGA, a political party believed to have been founded by his late father, for the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC. In a recent interview, Ojukwu Jr. said that Obiano had been lobbying for him to return to the party, adding that the Anambra governor was playing “ infantile and local politics.”
- Nigerian celebrity mums and their beautiful daughters – #5 is a damsel (With Photos)
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- 9 Countries where Nigerians can easily get permanent residency – #2 will shock you!
- 10 Nigerian celebrity kids of the 90s you won’t recognise today – Most of us grew up listening to music from #5 (With Pics)
But responding in a statement by his Media Aide, Olivier Okpala, Obiano said Ojukwu lied against him, stressing that he had never talked to the late Igbo leader’s son since he joined the APC.
Obiano said he had nothing to gain if Ojukwu returned to APGA.
The statement partly reads, “It is a matter of pure pathetic fallacy for the younger Ikemba to say that Governor Obiano is lobbying him to come back to APGA.
“The governor wondered on what grounds anybody would ever lobby Ojukwu to return to APGA while he never held any important position to warrant being described as a stakeholder or a leader of the party when he was a member of APGA.
“In fact, nobody knew that he was a member of the party.”
Obiano described Ojukwu’s son as “a sad irony of his father” who “In his lifetime, was the champion of the struggle for the rights and emancipation of his people, standing firm with his Igbo brothers and sisters and never betraying their cause.”
Adding, “I wonder what the Great Ikemba would be thinking when his son openly denied the only political entity which he left to unite the Igbo under a political umbrella.
“It is unfortunate that Ojukwu’s son described an elder and the governor of his state as one playing juvenile and local politics when the late Ojukwu respected constituted authorities.
“We urge Ojukwu Jnr to show respect to the governor and continue his sojourn with the APC rather than make untrue remarks about the governor.”
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- Top 10 cult groups in Nigerian Universities, their Motto and Symbols – #1 and #2 are are the deadliest
- Nigerian celebs who gave birth when they were young – See their children (With Photos)
- If you see these 13 symptoms, do an HIV test immediately
- 7 English words Nigerians use everyday which don’t exist in the dictionary
- 6 easy ways to get taller even after the age of 18 – Dont give up just yet!!
- 7 female celebs who can’t give birth (With Photos)
- ‘Why I married Kanu Nwankwo when I was only 18 years’ – Amara Nwankwo