Willie Obiano of APGA wins Anambra governorship election
Candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Willie Obiano has won the Anambra governorship election. Obiano won in all the 21 local government areas of the state with a total of about 234,071 votes. Coming second behind him was the candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC), Tony Nwoye. Oseloka Obaze of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) emerged third.
APGA National Youth Leader, Chuks Nwoga, has described the election as being free and fair.
“It was a peaceful process even in the face of threats by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, to boycott the election though there were few cases of violence. INEC did a good job, you can’t get a completely perfect process. In some places material didn’t come on time but the election is fair,” Mr. Nwoga said.
“People came out to vote even with this IPOB threats, there was no case of low turnout of voters, the election was ok. You don’t expect 100 per cent to come out but the turnout was impressive”, Mr. Nwoga said.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- 14 Nigerian celebs who are allegedly gays and lesbians – #5 was caught (With Photos)
- 7 Nigerian celebs you never knew are from Royal families – #3 & #4 are stinking rich but still humble (With Photos)
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 7 facts about Simi and Adekunle Gold you didnt know – Too many secrets unveiled
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)