There is no doubt that vaginal yeast infection is a very common case in millions of women across the globe. It occurs at least once in a lifetime of about 75% of women and makes them experience vaginal itching, vaginal irritation, soreness and rash. Fortunately, there are natural ways you can cure a vaginal yeast infection at home and I have painstakingly researched and discussed about 5 effective remedies for you.
- 5 hot female celebrities Odunlade Adekola has DATED – You won’t believe he was with #3 (With Pics)
- 10 insanely hot women Wizkid has DATED since he became a star – #3 & #5 will shock you (With Pictures)
- Check out these 11 strangest buildings you can find in Africa – I bet you won’t believe your eyes (With Pics)
- 10 Nigerian actresses who gained their fame through popular music videos – #4, #5 & #8 started their careers as video vixens
What Is a Vaginal Yeast Infection?
The overgrowth of yeast in the vagina which leads to irritation is called vaginal yeast infection.
It is also known as vaginal thrush.
This infection classified under candidiasis.
Candidiasis results from the excessive growth of candida which is known to cause many fungal infections like fungal infection of the skin, oral thrush, athlete’s foot, jock itch, toe infections, vaginal thrush etc. 75% of women are likely to experience vaginal yeast infection, at least once in their lifetime and out of this percentage, about 45% experience it two or more times.
What are The Signs and Symptoms of Vaginal Yeast Infection?
When you have vaginal yeast infection, you can experience:
- Itching in the vagina which may be intense
- Soreness and irritation in the vagina
- A burning sensation or discomfort, especially while urinating or having sexual intercourse
- Thick and whitish or thin and watery vaginal discharge that has no bad smell (unlike bacteria vaginosis that has strong fishy smells)
- Redness around the vagina
- Vaginal rash