Pius Anyim denies US-based actress, Blessing Anyim as his daughter over comment on Biafra
Former Senate President, Anyim Pius Anyim has denied link with the United State-based Nigerian actress, Blessing Anyim, who spoke about the on-going Biafra agitations in Nigeria. The actress had lent out her voice to address the ongoing Biafra agitation posed at President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration, saying that celebrities are in best position to use their influence on the stability of peace, which she tagged non negotiable. She was quoted as saying; “Celebrities have the biggest platform to persuade or grab the attention of people. The roles celebrities can play to ensure the stability of the country can not be overemphasised.
Instead of keeping mute, they should use their platforms to influence and persuade the Nigerian society at large for peace stability.” Stressing further, Blessing laments lack of democratic respect in the Nigerian societal system. “In this part of the world, people don’t respect the democratic system of governance the way they are meant to respect it. Of course you have the right to vote the candidates who best represent your ideas and beliefs, so when situations like this present themselves we have leaders who can come together and think of a solution to avoid the killing of innocent people.” In a swift reaction in a statement, the former senate president said he never had any child by that name, and that all his children are based in Nigeria.
Below is his statement in full;
“My attention has been drawn to a publication credited to one “Blessing, Anyim Pius Anyim’s daughter” in Nairaland online platform. I want to use this opportunity to clarify the following: That none of my children lives or had ever lived outside Nigeria
That I have no daughter that is an actress. My only daughter just finished her first degree examination in Nigeria last month and so is yet to undergo her National Youth Service talk less of engaging in any carrier. That as at today, I am the only politician in my house and so none of my children or even my wife has any political interest or any opinion on national issues. May I state that the statement though may not be hurtful but is not from anybody related to me in anyway and as a matter of fact nobody in my family knows the actress under reference.It is my wish that our mass communicators should always verify their facts.”
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- 14 Nigerian celebs who are allegedly gays and lesbians – #5 was caught (With Photos)
- 7 Nigerian celebs you never knew are from Royal families – #3 & #4 are stinking rich but still humble (With Photos)
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 7 facts about Simi and Adekunle Gold you didnt know – Too many secrets unveiled
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)