Nigerians beware ! See what energy drinks are doing to you
Nigerians have been given a note of warning to beware of energy drinks as it could prove very dangerous to their health. Dr Salomi Mathew, a lecturer at the Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai says that the in take of energy drinks is detrimental to one’s well-being. Mathew, of the Department of Human Kinetics and Health Education made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lapai, Niger State on Saturday.
He cautioned youths against indulging in the act. According to him, it is natural to feel fatigue after a tedious job or exercise, and thereafter, the individual should take a rest.
“When that happens, one should obey the call of nature and rest or sleep. By so doing, vitality is restored. “Taking energy drinks to stimulate you to continue to be active instead of resting, relaxing or sleeping is detrimental to one’s general well-being as this takes its toll on the brain and heart,’’ Mathew said.
He reiterated the need for a rest, adding that it was a natural source of restoring lost energy hence, taking energy drinks was wrong as it affects the body physiology.
“This can cause systolic and diastolic blood pressure and this can be detrimental to the heart. It can make the heart collapse,’’ he said.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 10 Habits that make you age faster – You will look young forever if you eradicate #2, #4 and #9
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)
- 15 most beautiful Actresses in the world – You won’t believe who #1 is (With Pictures)
- 9 things Nigerian girls say instead of “I love You” – #6 is very funny & annoying (With Pics)
- Things you need to do in your 20s that will make you a millionaire before 30 – #4 and #8 is a must
- 10 times Nicki Minaj revealed to us more than what we bargained for – This will knock you out (With Pics)
- 10 rappers who have made over a $100 million – #5 is already broke despite the fortunes he made (With Pics)