Fashola gets 30-day ultimatum to revive power sector or resign
Perturbed by the lingering epileptic power supply in the country, particularly in the South East zone, the Campaign for Democracy, CD has given the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola (SAN) up till 30 days from now to revive the ailing power sector or resign his appointment as a minister of the federal republic.
National Publicity Secretary of CD, Dede Uzor A. Uzor who gave the ultimatum in a press statement issued in Onitsha, Anambra state, yesterday, said Fashola has failed woefully to increase the megawatt from 4,320 where he met it since two years ago to till date.
CD noted thgawatt to decrease to less than 1,000 at the moment, a situation which he said forced Nigerians to witness zero megawatt on January 30, this year with a total nationwide power blackout.
CD suggested that the federal government should detach Works and Housing ministries from the Power ministry and handed them over to another minister to oversee, to enable Fashola concentrate only on power which is presently the most important need of every average Nigerian.
CD also asked Fashola to make available pre-paid meters to all Nigerians, particularly in the South East region within that 30-day ultimatum period to assist in checkmating estimated and crazy bills on poverty-stricken Nigerians, so as to controvert United Nations, UN’s recent prediction that Yemen, Sudan, Nigeria, Syria and other countries would face acute food shortage in the near future
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- Full Video: #BBNaija’s Biggie shows his face, visits the housemates in person as they celebrate
- 10 people who survived their execution – You will be shocked to see how they survived (+Photos)
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)
- 10 celebrities who ruined their lives with plastic surgery – #9 wanted to look like a barbie but… (With Pics)
- 6 hot photos of Rosaline Meurer which probably made her appealing to Tonto Dikeh’s husband
- 10 before & after photos that prove marriage has changed Mercy Johnson – #5 will make you love her more
- Story of Shina Rambo, Nigeria’s most notorious armed robber who turned pastor – See how he slept with his mother to gain spiritual powers